Tips for Choosing
Here are some quick tips for ending up with the right dress;
- When choosing the dresses you would like to try on,try to choose a variety of styles.Often the dress that you think won’t suit you is the one that you look fabulous in!
- It's important to pick out your favourite gowns as we have so many that its not always possible to show you everything that we have in stock during your appointment.
- Bring a friend with you who you can trust to give you an honest opinion
- Wear skin coloured, pale pink or cream underwear when you come to try on your dresses.Underwear similar to what you plan to wear on the day is a great idea but if you haven't got that far with your planning then stick to pale colours and ideally a strapless bra when visiting.
- Bridalwear often does not fit as regular clothes would so don't be alarmed if you have to try a larger size than your High Street size(See our sizing guide for help)
- Bridal dresses are often sized a size UP from regular high street sizes so don't be disheartened if you are normally a 14 but have to buy a size 16 gown! Its just as well to know as we want buying a wedding dress to be exciting and fun,not miserable because you end up thinking you're bigger than you really are!We tend to ignore the size labels in dresses!
- Most of us need to work to a budget when planning a wedding so when you have decided how much you want to spend on your special dress, put a little of this aside for alterations.It's very rare that you will get a bridal gown that is a perfect fit but by spending some of your budget on alterations you WILL end up with one that fits you exactly -and nothing looks more flattering than a dress that fits you perfectly!
- Try to match your personality to your dress-If you're a quiet and shy person then a big dress may not be right for you.Equally if you're a larger than life individual then a plain and simple gown may not be the right choice for you either.
- Think about the type of ceremony you are having and which style of dress would best suit this.
- Most importantly choose what YOU like best - your friends and family will all have their opinions but yours is the most important -don't be swayed by overbearing friends with the best of intentions -this is your day and your choice that counts!